What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

22 August 2010

The Non-Race Recap

I know how much you all look forward to my monthly race recaps, so it is with a heavy heart that I must bring you this news: There won't be any more of those.

Not monthly, anyway; the Austin running club doesn't have a $5 race every month for us to enter. Which is a real bummer, because I've looked forward to those every month for the past three years. And while I've missed a few, I've always done a race somewhere else on what was a normal WTRC race day (twice in Austin, once in Indianapolis).

But this month, on the second Saturday, the WTRC got together without us to have their race. I was pretty sad on my solo run that morning, because we really did enjoy the running club and managed to make a lot of friends on our monthly Saturday-morning sweat sessions.

This photo is from the March race this year, when I volunteered rather than ran. Both of these ladies are considerably faster than I (like most of the planet). Good thing we're all friends on Facebook.

No comments: