What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

05 April 2011

D is for Delivery

Yes, I'm temporarily renaming In My Mailbox for the A to Z Challenge. These are some books I've received, in the mail and in person, in the past month or so. Unfortunately, I haven't begun any of them, in a attempt to be a good steward of my time and my opportunities at university. So, some books I hope to get round to reading soon:

I won this book in a giveaway on Faith's blog. This was one of those nice
surprises that I had forgotten about until the day it arrived!

Another giveaway winner-- this time it was Sarah's blog.
And since Sarah and I live in the same city, no mailing was
required-- we had brunch together instead. :)

This rather-abused book came to us in a huge box of books
that someone gave us. I've never read Agatha Christie
(shame, I know), so I'm looking forward to it!

And this one I actually purchased. I'm afraid to start reading it
because everyone has been raving about it-- no homework will
get done while I'm reading it straight through, I can assure you!
What's in your mailbox?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a delivery truck pulling up to the door. A delivery truck with books in it? Heaven.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Some great books you have there - enjoy your reading.

Margaret Hall said...

What's in my mailbox is anything about metaphysics..Deepak Chopra..and Maya Angelou...
I also love quilting and the new magazines come in like "eye candy"~! Great "D"...Happy Mailboxing..!

Faith said...

w00t w00t! Glad the book made it there safely :) also... you've never read Agatha Christie??!? For shame... ;) I have a distinct preference for her Poirot novels or standalones (not so much the Miss. Marple books).

Tiger85 said...

You can never have to many books. =)

http://tigeronmybookshelf.blogspot.com/

Kathy said...

I found a free book in my mailbox one day, too. What a nice surprise!Delivery is a very good "D". I also like the positivity of your Blessings list.
Good Luck with the A-Z Challenge.

I found you with the ‘surprise me’ button. I’m a new follower of yours. I'd love to have you check out my take on the A to Z Challenge, comment and follow, if you'd like.
http://oaklawnimages.blogspot.com/
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

Su said...

@mybabyjohn: I agree!!

@Petty: Will do, thanks!

@Margaret: Oooh... I think I want a peek into your mailbox.

@Faith: I know, it's ridiculous. :( Don't worry; I am working on remedying the problem!

@Tiger: I agree!

@Kathy: A free book is certainly among the best surprises ever, methinks.

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of the top one, I hope you will let us know if it's good, also Across the Universe since it seems to be popular. Hope you find time to read soon :)

Katie said...

I love Agatha Christie! I could only hope to hold stock in a bookstore someday...lol. Maybe someday I'll start one of my own (with my own books!).

I am loving the A to Z challenge so far. I am a little behind (due to a late start) but you are welcome to come on over and check mine out at www.gogogeo.net.

Enjoy!
Katie

Gregg Metcalf said...

I love it when the mail truck or UPS truck pulls up and brings me a book!


Gregg Metcalf
Colossians 1:28-29

Gospel-driven Disciples

Su said...

@Catherine: I like the sound of it, too, but I'm afraid it will have to wait until after the semester ends.

@Katie: What a great idea!

@Gregg: Me, too! Or, for that matter, when they bring me anything.

Barbara said...

Hi Su, nice to meet you through the challenge :) I like your posts, and also enjoyed reading more about you in your about me tab :) Hope to see you around during the challenge. Thank you for sharing your world!

Su said...

@Better: I do! I can't wait to get to them!

@Bz: Nice to meet you, too. Thanks for stopping by!

Carol Riggs said...

I know what you mean about ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. I was nervous too, after reading so many glowing reviews. Then I read one that gave it 3 out of 5 stars and I relaxed a bit. LOL So now I'm 75 pages in and enjoying it so far. Except I was totally thrown off for a bit in the 2nd chapter when I didn't realize it'd switched to a new character's POV. Heh!

Su said...

I'm just worried that I'll get nothing else done once I start reading. Must wait until I have no homework!