What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

19 April 2011

P is for Pop-Tarts

I forgot my lunch today, so I went a bit more collegiate than usual and bought a box of Pop-Tarts. Breakfast of champions. And lunch of champions. And afternoon snack of champions.

I love, love, love Pop-Tarts. But in the interest of remaining a reasonably healthy adult, I try to limit my consumption. Which is a real bummer.

So I was beyond delighted when I went looking for images for this post and ran across this recipe for homemade  pop-tarts. I did a happy dance. My life of making things keeps getting better.

What's your favourite Pop-Tarts flavour? How many ways can you think of that they will send me to an early grave? Or, what flavour of homemade pop-tarts should I make first?

11 comments:

Trisha said...

I don't even know if we have pop tarts here. But one look at that picture and I feel a little sick already. LOL. I'd probably eat too much and feel sick.

Su said...

I probably need that problem. I'll eat them until I actually am sick. :/

mshatch said...

I like strawberry, unfrosted, not burnt.

Ann said...

I used to love Pop Tarts when I was young. Haven't eaten them in years and years and years. Will have to give that receipe a try though.

Donna K. Weaver said...

Have you tried to homemade poptart recipe? Did it work?

Su said...

@mshatch: I like those, too. Actually, I'd be hard-pressed to find a flavour I don't like.

@Ann: There were about five years when I didn't eat them... and then I caved again. Sigh...

@Donna: Not yet. But I'll be sure to post the results once I do. I'll probably have a go at the Nutella version once Lent is over (soon, in other words).

erica and christy said...

My kids are obsessed with the Brown Sugar and Cinnamon kind. Hey, you need to let your kids have one vice, so that's theirs.
erica

Anonymous said...

i used to love the smores variety as a kid going to grandma's house where she kept a stash for me - but when I had it recently I wondered what it was that I loved. I bet homemade would be grand though.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Mmmm...yum. I like the tried and true Cinnamon. My daughter loves the Hot Fudge Sundae. :) Another college staple is. . .ramen noodles! At ten cents a piece, you gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

I've never had one, checked with hubby and nope, checked with daughter and nope...so..I'm no help to you there I'm afraid but..good on you for finding something you like.

Su said...

@Erica: Those were my favourite when I was a teenager.

@Charlie: Don't worry; I'll eat yours for you.

@Lisa: I've still never had hot fudge sundae. But I would have to be very hungry indeed to eat ramen. I'm not a fan.

@mybabyjohn: Wow, your whole family hasn't had pop tarts? That probably saves you some blood sugar issues, right enough.