What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

11 November 2008

Wipe that smile off your face!

So, if you've known me for any length of time at all (more than 10 minutes is probably sufficient), you know that I have enough tics, peeves, and quirks to start my own psych ward. (My own, personal, private psych ward. I hope the docs bring the good meds.)

So, when I stumbled across a blog dedicated to making fun of the general inability of the English-speaking world to use apostrophes correctly, I promptly added it to my blogroll. Go here to see what all the fuss is about.

And, if you thought I was done talking about my half marathon, you're completely loony. As with every other subject, I intend to harp upon it until I am distracted by something else. I didn't mention before that a pal from my Aim days (he was an assistant, I was a student; our paths rarely crossed until he married my teammate's sister. Then our paths still rarely crossed. Oh, well, I know his name, at least.) also ran the half marathon; he and someone else I kind of know were standing in front of me at the start. I was sort of with them until about mile 3, when they disappeared from sight for the remainder of the race (and finished 15 minutes ahead of me).

Well done them, I say. Then today, when I spent most of the day rejoicing that I could walk again (and mostly get up & down from chairs), I saw them in the park. Running. That's right, three days after running a half marathon. And they were smiling.

Okay, I start training again next week. And this time, I'm serious.

5 comments:

Haley said...

Congrats on the Half Marathon; that's an awesome accomplishment (even if your not running on day 3 ;) )

Su said...

I'm not running on days 4-8, either. :)

Timbra said...

well, i decoded this secret message and have deduced that you saw james at the starting line. . .did you also see trey morgan? cuz he ran it and he had a picture with james. . is james famous or something? anyway, in the spirit of things i won't run on days 3-8 either (or any day before or after that. . . all of your susan :)
wv: rhyrio a strange blood disorder (RH)

Anonymous said...

Nice. As a former English teacher, my personal favorite apostrophe catastrophe was the campaign sign for the school board elections.

"Kid's First" That's classic.

If you're a grammar nerd, you definitely ought to read Eats Shoots & Leaves. (Or is is Eats, Shoots, and Leaves? I don't know.)

Anyway, congrats also on walking. ;)

Su said...

Oooh, I have read Eats, Shoots & Leaves! It's brilliant!