Megan over at The-Write-At-Home-Mom very kindly gave me this blog award:
And the reason you haven't heard about it before now is that she gave it to me during NaNoWriMo. So, Megan, my apologies for the delay, and many thanks for thinking of me and continuing to read my blog! (And if you aren't yet reading Megan's blog, scoot on over there and see what you've been missing!)
This award comes with rules: I tell you seven things about myself, then award it to up to 15 more people. It's going to be hard coming up with seven things I haven't already told you, but here goes:
1. I learned how to read and write from watching PBS. Even with all the children's programming on TV these days, I don't believe anything has ever been able to top their brilliant programmes like Sesame Street or The Electric Company.
2. I do a lot of things with my left hand-- like operate the mouse on my computer-- and it really throws people off. I'm not left-handed, and technically I'm not even ambidextrous. I can just do some things better with my left hand.
4. My bicycle gets a lot of attention when I'm out, mostly from men (oddly enough, since it's a women's bicycle), and I have to pretend to know what I'm talking about when they ask me questions. I also get comments from children, but those tend to be more in the realm of "Wow, cool!" and don't require me to know anything.
5. I didn't learn how to ride a bicycle until I was 10.
6. One of the things on my "bucket list" was to have hair long enough that I could sit on it. I managed that when I was 28, lived with it for over a year, then cut it all off to chin-length about 6 months before I turned 30. I may do it again.
7. I don't really have a "bucket list".
Well, that was fun. Now, for the bloggers to whom this award is going out. Since this award is a bit more manly, I'll include some of the blogs I read that are written by men this time (although blog awards in themselves are kind of a girly thing, I guess).
Sparquay @ Random Thoughts by Sparquay
Paula @ Infantry Bride
Dougle @ Dougle's Posterous
Rob @ RobHindman.com
Brandon @ BrandonandKatie.com
Melissa @ Catching the Bug
The Runner @ A Runner's Life
Charlie @ Charlie's Church of Christ
Matt @ The Church of No People
Leanne @ The Grouchy Ladybug's Weblog
Go give them a visit!