What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

05 December 2010

Coming Soon...

In my joy at returning to the land of blogging (following the end of NaNoWriMo and with one final left to take in my semester), I've gone a bit mad and entered all the blogfests and challenges that grabbed my fancy. Can you say "crazy"? Part of it is exuberance, as I said, and part of it is that the creative and I-love-writing juices returned in full force during NaNoWriMo. I can't believe how long it's been since I've written for fun on a regular basis (instead of every now and then). Now I remember why I loved it.

Anyway! I've already posted my entry to Erica's Thanksgiving Blogfeast; you can see it here. It runs until Sunday the 12th, if you'd like to join (and really, more people should!).

Next up, on this coming Saturday (the 11th), is Marieke's Midwinter Blogfest. The challenge is: What your MC celebrates in winter (Hanukkah? Christmas? Kwanzaa?), and what he/she does to celebrate.

Also on the 11th (I think they all got together, or something), is Michael's Harry Potter blogfest. Write a 500-word scene with any HP character and a winter holiday. I have no earthly idea yet what I'm doing with this one, apart (perhaps) from making it a Boxing Day adventure.

And, just for good measure, I'm participating in the Holiday Reading Challenge by Nely and Angela's Author Birthday Challenge. Which means a trip to the library is in order, as soon as I get my last paper written.

That ought to hold you for a while, right? Should you need any more challenges, just keep your eyes open; I've passed up a few just in the past few hours. There are blogfests all over the place! I may have to get my own.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool stuff coming up. Thanks for the links.
CD

Su said...

I feel like a PSA generator. :)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Amazing how easy it is to become involved in all these challeges and there seems to be a lot around at the moment. Given the difficulties I've had sourcing holiday reads, I'm pleased to say that I'm about to start book 5.

Su said...

Cool! At starting book 5, that is, not at having a hard time with holiday reads. I haven't gone to the library yet to look, but I'm having my doubts about our neighbourhood library... I may have to go on a trek across the city to the "big" library to find some holiday books.

Adina West said...

You are going to be one busy girl! But sounds like you're really enjoying writing at the moment which is great. Not all NaNoed out but re-invigorated and enthused...

Su said...

Yes, and end-of-semester delirious. :) I have all but one of them written, though.