What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

19 December 2010

The Snow Globe

I'll be done with the book reviews eventually, I hope promise. In the meantime, the Holiday Reading Challenge is keeping my reading life active and trips to the library frequent.

The Snow Globe, by Sheila Roberts, is absolutely delightful. It's definitely a feel-good, happy-ending chick lit book, but it's not sappy or maudlin-- the characters are very real-life people, with real-life problems. I will definitely be reading more from Ms. Roberts.

Actually, this is one of those books that I wish I'd written. I don't think it's intended to be a comedy, but I did laugh a few times while reading. It's a story about romance, friendship, and making your own happy ending.

This book is a new release, just in time for this holiday season. It's not too long-- I read it on a bus ride home (of course, the bus did get caught in a traffic jam). For something fun, uplifting and inspirational, get your hands on The Snow Globe.

8 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

This sounds like a great read. I'm finished my holiday reading challenge now (I just have to write my last review and wrap-up post)but will certainly make a note of this for next year, thanks for the recommendation.

Su said...

I'm not sure where I am on the challenge-- I lost count! :) I should look into that.

erica and christy said...

Thanks for your witty comments on our blog. I always love reading what you have to say. You make me laugh! And now, back to vacuuming, quick before the kids find me on the com...shoot, found out. christy

Su said...

LOL! I hope the vacuuming was relaxing. :)

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

I saw this one at Sams today and almost picked it up. I'm trying really hard not to spend $$ on myself right now.

Su said...

I got it at the library. Check there before taking the plunge. :)

Faith said...

That sounds cute! It doesn't look like something I'd pick up on my own -- the cover doesn't appeal to me so I'd likely just ignore it -- but now I know what to do if I see it at the library. :) Thanks for the review!

Su said...

Of course! The sparkly cover caught my eye (plus it was very tiny on a shelf of large books), but I probably would had left it there had I not been on the lookout for holiday books. But I'm glad I saw it!