What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

28 December 2010

Smiley & Festive Blog Awards

Kittie over at The Block gave me this award... quite possibly the happiest one I've seen so far:


This one doesn't come with any rules, so far as I can see, so I'm just going to hand it over to some bloggers that make me smile (but first, must obsessively check who Kittie gave it to so I don't double-award, then try to remember who I've given awards to already... forget it, here we go).

Faith @ Literary Coldcuts on Toasty Buns: has given me plenty for my TBR list and also renewed my hope for the Christian literature industry;

Mia @ My Literary Jam and Toast: hands out writer wisdom, giggles, and brilliant illustrations;

Thelma @ WidowSphere: Just go read it. Everything she writes is lovely;

and

Grandpa @ Life on the Farm: Breathtaking pictures and brilliant storytelling about a whole bunch of stuff I know nothing about.

So, my comrades-in-blogging: Enjoy it, display it, re-give it... or just pretend like you never saw it. Whatever you like. :)

And I also got this very Christmas-y award from Catherine at Kangaroobee:


But I'm not passing this one on, since Christmas has left us behind for yet another year. However, if you really really like it, by all means, take it with you. :)

7 comments:

thelmaz said...

Su, thank you, thank you for the award and kind comment! I am printing it out and showing it off. Will mention it in my next post, with a link to your blog.
Didn't know you live in my hometown. I grew up in Austin. It's sooo different now, but I still love going home for visits. Keep Austin wierd!
Happy 2011. TZ

erica and christy said...

Congrats on the awards, Su! Very deserving! christy

Su said...

@Thelma: I'm doing my best to keep it nice & weird for you. :) I love, love, love this city!

@Christy: Thank you! I'm always delighted to get shiny new hardware. ;)

Kari Marie said...

Congratulations on the cheery award!

Mia Hayson said...

Congrats and thanksies for the award!! It's so pretty and cute and orange. I want to take it on long walks and cook it dinner and call it George.

:D

Su said...

@Kari: Thank you! It is remarkably cheery.

@Mia: That's a great name for an award. :D

Faith said...

Congrats to you and thanks for the award! It's so colorful... can't... stop... staring...

But seriously. Happy to renew hope where I can... (though admittedly I read my fair share of CBA clunkers this year too).